March 13, 2009

From the Beginning

When A and I decided we were ready for a baby, we didn't think it would be that hard. Boy, were we wrong! A little after a year, I decided that there was something wrong and that I should go get some help. And that is when I met Dr. Sweet. He ran a lot of test and procedures on me for the next couple of months. Finally, it was time to get all the results and come up with a plan. I was scared and excited at the same time to find out what was wrong. Scared that he might tell me that I could never have kids and excited to finally be able to have a game plan. Well, it wasn't good news but Dr. Sweet seemed very optimistic. So, I decided to try and be positive about the whole situation. He told me that I only had a 5% chance of ever having a baby on my own and that I had PCOS. He gave A and I a game plan and said that he wanted to start out with the most mild option first because with me having PCOS he thought there was a good chance I would have multiples. His first plan was to try two different fertility pills for 3 months and if that doesn't work we would move on to the next option. We left with our new game plan and prayed that next time we saw him I would be pregnant with only a singleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment